We're a small team with big ambition. Keen to work with us?
24 are a Melbourne-based agency that act as the digital arm of our client’s marketing departments. This means that we keep up-to-date on all things technology and share relevant information as if we were sitting across the room. Our talents lie in online strategy, project management, web design and web development. Helping a business to grow it’s online presence through careful planning and well-considered code is what really gets us going!
We believe that collaboration is the key to building a better online world and we love to partner with amazing freelancers, the top design agencies and the very best clients to produce an excellent portfolio of work. We have developed websites and technology for leading brands including realestate.com.au, DuluxGroup, Globe, Taylormade-Adidas and Schaivello.
For a glimpse into a day in the 24 studio, visit 24digital.com.au/culture
Sound good? Send through your resume to
The position is full time and includes salary, super, tools of the
trade and future options. As with all roles at 24, you will be involved
in our team huddle, 24x innovation lab and incubator projects,
personal development and new opportunities as we grow.
The role will be based in our Melbourne office and you will report
to your Digital Producer and the General manager.
The short version
Being extremely culture driven and with our small teams, collaborative approach, the successful candidate enjoys working hard so we can all kick back for a beer on Fridays.
The long version
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills – focus on current web standards/trends a must
- 1-2 years building custom websites on the WordPress CMS
- Clear communicator and able to keep things simple
- Solid foundation in PHP and MySQL (phpMyAdmin is fine)
- Worked with the Bootstrap (or similar) front-end framework
- Highly organised and efficient nature
- A self-starter with initiative, who can work well autonomously and in a team
- Worked extensively with a LAMP stack (MAMP or similar is fine)!
- Used Git before (we use Git Tower here!)
- Attention to detail on both a code and design level
Key day-to-day activities include:
- Work with digital producer to complete assigned tasks and meet important project milestones
- Using a Mac computer, including: Email, Web Browsing, BugHerd, Beanstalk, Basecamp, CMS (Magento / WordPress), Harvest, Trello, etc
- Occasional communication with the client (via phone, Basecamp or face-to-face) to translate technical questions into plain English
- Use of MAMP Pro + Git Tower and code editor (we like Sublime and Coda)
- Taking ownership and responsibility for deliverables
- Play time with ‘Bob’, our office pug!
Want to be ahead of the pack? You might have one or more of the following:
- Confidence with Magento
- Experience with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin with WordPress
- Terminal (SSH) experience
- Working knowledge of how to setup a server in Apache
To be fitting in and contributing at 24:
- You work well with your digital producer and technical lead to ensure we provide the best solution
- Be able to follow a development process from start to finish
- You are respected as a team player and contribute to the growth and development of 24 culture
- Technical aptitude and background. Be able to understand and convey technology – talk simply to non-technical clients and colleagues
- You are eager to learn new languages and methodologies to better your code set
- You are open to learning and adopting different ways of doing things from your colleagues and are happy to share your code methods with the team.
Our inboxes are always open
Can’t see the role you’re looking for? We’re always keen to hear from new people who might be a great fit for the business. If you think you would add value to our team, via freelancing, full time employment or as an intern, just send through an email to [email protected] and tell us a little about yourself.